Senior Consultant, Red Team, Mandiant, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: Virginia, USA; Alabama, USA; District of Columbia, USA; Florida, USA; Georgia, USA; Maryland, USA; North Carolina, USA; South Carolina, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in offensive security.
- 5 years of experience in any three of the following security areas (e.g., network, web application/mobile, cloud, social engineering, scripting, tool development).
- Experience in operating system security across operating systems.
- Certifications in OSCE, OSEP, OSEE, OSCP, CCSAS, CCT INF, or relevant SANS courses.
- Experience in four or more of the following: network protocols, threat intelligence analysis, system and network administration, project management, developing applications, technical incident response processes, source code review, reverse engineering.
- Experience working with local sales and management teams in driving consulting business, scoping, or client management.
- Experience in creating security tools and understanding of programming languages (such as Python, C#, C/C++, Rust, Nim, or similar).
- Excellent verbal, written communication, collaboration, and public speaking skills.
About the job
Mandiant (now a part of Google Cloud) Security Consulting Services ensures the long-term success of our clients by providing talented, passionate, and specialized security expertise. Our Consultants partner with our clients to evaluate, create, develop, improve, and mature information security operations and programs. By utilizing the latest industry standards and combining Mandiant Incident Response, Intelligence, and Managed Defense practices we are able to develop defense forward information security programs for our clients.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing cyber-security consulting services and support to our clients, including assessing and advising clients on both technical and process-based controls for all manner of environments. You will perform Red and Purple Team assessments, including end-to-end adversarial emulation of cyber attacks against customer organizations, and other technical cyber assessments including external, web application and mobile security testing.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Perform offensive technical cyber security engagements of a varied nature.
- Interface with clients to address concerns, issues, or escalations. Track and drive to closure any issues that impact the engagements and its value to clients.
- Advise clients on security practices for remediating discovered issues.
- Collaborate with internal teams to expand capabilities to deliver further value to clients.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.