Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst, Mandiant Intelligence, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Netherlands.
- Experience with cyber threats
- Experience in an analytical or operational role directly involved in the research and writing of threat intelligence products for decision-makers/customers
- Understanding of core cybersecurity concepts, risk management frameworks, common enterprise IT infrastructure components, operating system internals, and networking
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing for generalist and specialist audiences
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present or discuss cybersecurity concepts with a variety of audiences including executives
- Demonstrated success applying research methods and analytic techniques to independently address complex analytic problems
About the job
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work directly with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
The Custom Intelligence, Synthesis, and Reporting (CISR) team supports various Mandiant service offerings to provide custom, tailored deliverables answering the customer’s information needs and intelligence requirements. In support of this service, you will research, analyze, and write short and long analytic reports in response to customer requirements. You will respond to a wide range of questions related to cyber espionage, cyber crime, hacktivism, information operations, vulnerabilities, and/or enterprise cyber security questions. Additionally, you will perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats to provide timely, actionable, clear, and concise intelligence products to customers.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to determine their intelligence needs and requirements, and to identify the most effective methods for fulfilling these unique requirements.
- Use knowledge, creativity, and analytic tradecraft best practices to generate solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations or data, requires an evaluation of intangible variables under conditions of uncertainty.
- Produce custom analytic products (written products, briefings, and graphics) for customers and internal teams based on conclusions and judgments derived from Mandiant data sources and independent research.
- Work closely with the other Mandiant teams to contribute to intelligence products, collection processes, and the data model.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?