Program Manager, Insider Risk Operations
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: India.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in program management, managing projects with timelines and competing priorities.
- Master's degree.
- Experience with SQL queries and developing reports.
- Experience in a Risk or Security focused field.
- Knowledge of remote access infrastructure, networking, and computer virtualization.
- Understanding technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Unilateral Access Lockdown (UAL) is a security horizontal to mitigate privileged access, it eliminates unilateral access to user data, and safeguards production environments. In this role, you will provide secure, scalable access to enable full-time and members of the workforce to be productive on Google infrastructure, while actively working to mitigate insider risk across Alphabet. You will define, manage, and contribute to strategic initiatives to identify and mitigate risk related to internal system access and UAL. You'll manage a portfolio of projects and direct the work of more junior level program managers, and identify and mitigate operational risk.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Perform program management of IRO's project portfolio, including assignment of work among PgMs and SDEs and project tracking and reporting. Provide project portfolio planning and team-wide work consolidation including project intake, prioritization, and resource allocation.
- Identify, measure, manage, and remediate operational risk through prioritization and execution of IRO's project portfolio. Establish company wide operational best practices and standards in the Identity and Access Management space.
- Maintain relationships with our team's partners and with external teams, and promote an active exchange of ideas and requirements. Serve as the main interface for our team and its projects to our partners.
- Work with the management team to develop metrics for team headcount, utilization/resourcing, project, and program success. Create and/or recommend systems to collect supporting data for metrics.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?