UX Research Manager, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Raleigh, NC, USA; Durham, NC, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in an applied research setting, or similar.
- 3 years of experience leading design projects and managing people or teams.
- Master's or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field.
- 10 years of experience conducting UX research on products.
- 7 years of experience working with executive leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
- 5 years of experience managing projects, and working in a large, matrixed organization.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX leaders help define and drive the future of Google design. They create and clarify product strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, expert researcher, and visionary. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
Quantitative UX Research Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products as well as the members of their teams. They’re experts at using data and quantitative analysis to shape product development and influence overall strategy.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Influence stakeholders across functions to gain support for research-based, user-centric solutions.
- Drive project priorities in alignment with larger project goals, and coordinate allocation of resources within the project. Identify opportunities to expand responsibilities within and across a product.
- Lead ideas to improve products and services through research-driven insights and recommendations.
- Drive teams to define and evaluate product, service, and ecosystem impact.
- Lead vision and strategy discussions through research by analyzing, consolidating, or synthesizing what is known about user, product, service, or business needs.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.