- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with vendor management and service delivery
- Experience managing technical teams
- Experience managing technical teams, vendor or contract management, and service delivery
- Experience working in data center environments, including building and operating large-scale infrastructure, network and computer architecture and life cycle, and Linux/Unix system administration
- Experience with initiating and executing strategic initiatives in a global environment
- Experience leading and improving Environmental Health and Safety initiatives
- Excellent data gathering, analysis, and presentation skills
About the job
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Hardware Operations Manager, you will manage a team of Data Center Technicians. You will oversee the quality installation of server hardware and components and take charge of complicated installations/troubleshooting.
Your team will install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). They will also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. They may lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
In this role, you will manage a team of Data Center Technicians. You will oversee the quality installation of server hardware and components and take charge of complicated installations/troubleshooting. You'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components), and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). Also, you will take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches, and networking protocols. You will lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $93,000-$136,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work together to identify and resolve problems and create solutions for our global computing and network architecture.
- Manage the implementation of projects within the team.
- Hire, coach, and develop a team to achieve strategic business goals.
- Ensure data center-related priorities are consistent with company objectives.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of teams within data center operations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?