Senior Editor, Student Loans
Who is Credible?
We are a marketplace where users can compare personalized, prequalified rates and quotes from multiple lenders and carriers, for student loans, mortgages, personal loans, and insurance.
We’re challenging the status quo by giving power to the consumer. We believe in a world where ‘ethical’, ‘lending’, and ‘insurance’ can coexist, so we set out to build innovative platforms that actually work for customers. Our mission is to help people find the best loan or insurance policy possible.
We believe researching and buying loans or insurance shouldn’t be confusing or complex, so we’ve focused on simplicity. We’ve created the only unbiased loan and insurance buying process out there, which makes finding options straightforward and clear.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a reliable and organized editor to join our Content and SEO team. You’ll be a core contributor to our content strategy and help consumers make better financial decisions by contributing to articles for our media partners.
You’ll be editing student loan content — including explainers, how-to's, reviews, SEO articles, and news articles — for copy, style, and overall tone and working closely with writers to produce high quality articles.
This is an important role because we’re branching out with many different national media partners. We’re on a mission to make sure our content is clear and easy to digest — and we need you to make that happen.
You’re a great fit for this role if you’re:
- Passionate about content (and personal finance)
- Comfortable editing personal finance content and have at least 2 years experience doing so
- Knowledgeable about SEO best practices and what makes an article successful
- A strong communicator who can empathize with consumers and help them navigate complex financial decisions
- Always taking initiative and able to work independently
- Eager to work in a dynamic start-up environment where opportunity for ownership and impact is significant
- Student loan expertise a plus
- Experience working with multiple media partners and adhering to different style guides a plus
- Editing personal finance articles (both published on the Credible blog and off-site with our media partners)
- Reviewing content and performing fact checks
- Optimizing articles for SEO using keywords, tables, visuals, etc.
- Working closely with freelance writers and in-house copyeditors to ensure quality content
- Helping create content briefs for writers based on topic ideas and SEO recommendations
- Assisting senior editors with other content projects as needed
- Staying up to date on industry trends and continually expanding personal finance knowledge
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years experience editing personal finance content (expertise in student loan vertical is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, organization, and strong project management skills
- Experience with basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Experience working within Asana, WordPress, Google Docs, and other content and task management systems a plus
Credible is open to hiring candidates in the following locations: Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay ranges for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location, are listed below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
View more details about Credible Benefits
We combine the intelligence, expertise, and confidence of a financial advisor with the approachability and honesty of a friend. In other words, we’re the friend you always wish you had in finance.
We are optimistic, challengers, trustworthy, clever, and smart. We are open and transparent. We strive to act as advisors by being friendly, objective, and open in our communication. We use language that is intelligent yet approachable. When appropriate, we’ll drop in a bit of wit to position ourselves as a fresh, reliable voice in the financial world.