Outreach & Admissions Coordinator
Code the Dream
Ever felt tech should be more inclusive? Passionate about increasing access to opportunity?
About the role: We’re looking for a dedicated and passionate, full-time Outreach & Admissions Coordinator to identify and recruit individuals underrepresented in tech to apply to our program, strengthen partnerships with mission-aligned organizations, drive student pipeline expansion, and oversee the entire admissions process from outreach to acceptance.
Who we are: Code the Dream is a mission-driven nonprofit focused on expanding tech opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds, including low-income individuals, immigrants, and communities of color. We offer a suite of free tech education classes – from Intro to Programming, React.js, Ruby on Rails, to Node.js/Express. After 8 – 12 months of intensive training with Code the Dream’s online curriculum and mentors, new coders have a chance to join CTD Labs, where they gain invaluable real-world experience as full-time software development apprentices.
In this position, you would join our classes team. Reporting to our Program Director, your main focuses will include:
- Build and nurture relationships with new and existing organizational partners, in particular those serving low-income individuals, people of color, immigrants, and candidates without bachelor’s degrees from US-based universities.
- Develop and expand pipelines into Code the Dream classes by identifying introductory coding programs that are mission-aligned, creating mutually beneficial and collaborative partnerships.
- Identify and target ideal candidates for Code the Dream classes through innovative outreach strategies and community engagement. Review applications and personally follow up with target students to provide guidance, answer questions, and support their application journey.
- Oversee the end-to-end admissions process, from student recruitment to acceptance, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to create impactful recruitment materials and manage social media campaigns targeting potential students.
This role will evolve over time as our organization grows, offering the potential to influence and shape our admissions processes.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or its real-world equivalent.
- Proven track record in community engagement, outreach, and/or admissions within underrepresented communities.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by low-income individuals, people of color, immigrants, and those without US bachelor’s degrees in accessing tech education and career opportunities.
- Relationship-oriented, with exceptional communication skills and ability to connect with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines.
- A proactive and innovative approach to problem-solving and a willingness to try new things and iterate on existing plans.
- Flexible and adaptable. Willingness to chip in where needed to help and support other teammates, even if not in your department.
Not Required, but Nice-to-Haves:
- Familiarity with coding bootcamps or tech education.
- Good at handling data and using it to help make decisions.
Salary & Benefits Include:
- Salary range for this position is $50,000 – $60,000; compensation also includes generous benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a number of factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
- Comprehensive medical benefits. CTD covers 100% of employee health insurance premiums and 50% of premiums for spouse/domestic partner and children.
- Generous holiday and vacation benefits, and an annual tech stipend.
- Fully remote and flexible work setup in a kind, supportive community!
Code the Dream is an equal-opportunity employer. Candidates of color, women, immigrants and those from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you can do the job but you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. At this time, Code the Dream cannot offer visa sponsorship.
Application Deadline: We review applications continuously. Apply early for priority.
Start Date: As soon as the candidate is available.
Location: Fully remote, headquartered in Durham, NC at American Underground (a Google Tech Hub)
How to apply: Visit https://codethedream.org/job-openings/ to submit your cover letter and resume.