Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Do you thrive in a startup vibe? Were you built for a small, nimble, and dynamic team that's ready to win? If you answered yes, we want to talk to you! We are now going back to our roots as a standalone business unit to focus on our SaaS business, an area where we see growth potential. This business unit is unique, and we certainly aren't afraid to stand out from the crowd and tackle the bigger competitors.
As Principal Engineer, you will define not only our Web and mobile portal technology but also drive our technical strategy for our revamped design system. Your goal: define and deliver the technology behind our user interfaces.
Now, lets get to the details. This role will have technical ownership of our User Interface strategy and development.
What you will do
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems using component plugin models to power our suite of applications.
- Define the UI architectural vision across the platform and ensure consistent design abstractions throughout product suites.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to your peers
Establish and enforce best practices and coding standards.
What you will need
- Proven experience in developing large-scale, high-traffic applications and optimizing for performance.
- Proficiency in building performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code.
- Extensive expertise in designing, developing, and utilizing component-based UI architectures.
- Understanding of headless/composable architecture
- Previous experience working with UI Design Systems, governance processes, and maintaining shared component libraries.
- Familiarity with front-end testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or Jasmine
- Ability to identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
Your Superhero Uniform Includes: A technical lead with over ten years of software development experience and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- A subject matter expert in front-end development with a strong focus on detail, quality, and craftsmanship.
- A proficient problem-solver capable of working independently and leading a team Passion for enhancing developer productivity and implementing coding patterns at scale.
- Advocate for solid collaboration within cross-functional teams, fostering unity among engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Advanced knowledge of Web Standards, HTML, and CSS3, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Strong mentorship skills with a track record of improving team performance.
- Familiarity with server-side programming languages such as Node.js, Python, .NET, or Java
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as Azure or AWS
- Knowledge of mobile application development
Cloud Software Group is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.