Principal Product Marketing Manager
Principal Product Marketing Manager
What we’re looking for:
A talented and experienced principal product marketing manager with a strong technical background.
The focus of this position is to develop customer and sales facing technical content to help drive our mission in enabling our customers to evolve, compete and succeed with their XenServer virtualised environments.
The technical product marketing manager role will be a part of the broader XenServer product team.
XenServer is a commercial virtualisation platform based on the open-source Xen hypervisor. XenServer powers everything from government organisations, multi-thousand seat virtual desktop deployments, super-fast network load balancers, all the way up to some of the largest public and private clouds in the world.
What you’ll be doing:
· Work closely with Product Management to help shape the future roadmap, determine the right feature set to drive adoption and help establish relevant KPIs, OKRs, business cases and associated predicted ROI.
· Develop a deep understanding of the virtualisation market and our customers’ needs to help formulate the technical marketing and communications strategy for XenServer and evangelise.
· Create sales enablement collateral including battle sheets, feature comparison matrices, the delivery of product demos and customer presentations and building a base of referenceable customers.
· Research competitors’ product offerings, identify our product gaps, USPs and key value propositions. Help articulate and amplify these values to the server virtualisation marketplace to maximise profitability.
· Uncover growth opportunities beyond current markets, either by expanding the existing customer footprint or identifying new market opportunities.
· Generate outbound content: webinars, white papers, solution briefs, blogs, scripted videos, campaign landing pages, customer case studies, GTM activities and the creation of content for a future xenserver.com website.
· Build industry market awareness and track future trends, develop and nurture relationships with trade media and industry analysts.
Essential Skills & Experience
· A highly creative individual, passionate and driven with an ability to translate product features into easily understood, meaningful, value-based positioning and messaging.
· An expert communicator and presenter, including public speaking; someone who is able to build high-trust relationships with customers.
· A track record of leading, running and measuring marketing initiatives that helped contribute to increased sales.
· An accomplished market researcher, well versed in the use of competitive analysis to uncover market advantage able to solicit and synthesise competitive insights from customers and other industry sources to provide timely and actionable guidance to product and sales teams.
· Team-player and strong collaborator.
· Bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) in a relevant subject from a Russell Group University.
· 5+ years of experience in a technical marketing, technical sales/sales engineering role preferably at an enterprise software company.
· This role is based in our Cambridge UK office.
Desirable Skills & Experience
· The XenServer product is a complex operating system that runs other operating systems, therefore being a quick learner, with an appetite for understanding new technical concepts and technologies is highly desirable.
· An ability to think creatively and critically, in order to formulate and validate hypotheses based on data.
· A software engineering and programming background would be advantageous.
· Any knowledge of server virtualization in general, XenServer in particular 🙂
What you’re looking for:
This is an incredibly exciting time to be a part of the XenServer team. If you’re a technical product marketing manager, we’ll give you plenty of ways to exercise your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
Cloud Software Group is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.