Burt's Bees R&D Packaging Co-op (Jan 2024)
Clorox is the place that’s committed to growth – for our people and our brands. Guided by our purpose and values, and with people at the center of everything we do, we believe every one of us can make a positive impact on consumers, communities, and teammates. Join our team. #CloroxIsThePlace
Your role at Clorox:Our purpose at Burt’s Bees, which is rooted in Clorox Values and a growth culture, is to reconnect people to the wisdom, power and beauty of nature. We believe nature has the best solutions for providing safe and efficacious products while also believing it is our responsibility to promote individual, community and environmental well-being. We have a great team with hardworking people, and we’re looking to add to our Hive!
The Research & Development organization is at the heart of our Clorox business, taking new generations of consumer products from concept to reality. With such diverse roles as engineers, scientists, mechanical designers and packaging professionals, R&D is a community of technical leaders and managers actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle of our products, from initial concept to raw materials to final goods on store shelves. R&D is committed to leveraging the latest technology to bring consumers the high-quality, innovative products they expect and deserve.
In this role, you will:
As a Research &Development Co-op for Burt’s Bees, you will work with a team of scientists and engineers located in Durham, North Carolina to deliver and maintain a robust pipeline of innovative personal care and cosmetic products for this fast paced, exciting and growing business. You will have a variety of assignments within the Burt’s Bees Lab, Pilot Plant and Manufacturing facility. This is a full-time position, with the expectation that you will work 40 hours per week for a 6-month period.
What we look for:
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Develop new and innovative packaging working in the lab and manufacturing plant to evaluate packaging for consumer delight, compatibility, and performance testing (ship test, drop test, vibration test), for all inner and master cases as well as promotional displays
- Define, develop and execute SOPs, best practices, testing plans and test methods for packaging evaluation.
- Assist with designing and executing production line trials for new components, making observations and drawing conclusions
- Establish necessary specification information which includes fill weights, dimensions, pallet configuration, and cube information for each individual primary unit, secondary, tertiary, and display packaging components including creating assembly diagrams
- Work with cross-functional teams to analyze and interpret data to meet project targets and objectives while making recommendations that drive efficiency and manage risk
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Junior or Senior in Packaging Engineering is preferred with a min GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Knowledge of ASTM packaging testing methods
- Working knowledge of packaging software (ArtiosCAD and CAPE)
- Ability to learn fast, and demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Confident self-starter, capable of working independently and cross-functionally with minimal supervision and direction in a fast-paced environment
The applicable pay range for this role in the U.S. is based on your work location according to the cost of labor in your area.
*$22 - $28/hr
All ranges are subject to change in the future.
We seek out and celebrate diverse backgrounds and experiences. We’re looking for fresh perspectives, a desire to bring your best, and a non-stop drive to keep growing and learning.
At Clorox, we have a Culture of Inclusion. We believe our values-based culture connects to our purpose and helps our people be the best versions of themselves, professionally and personally. This means building a workplace where every person can feel respected, valued, and fully able to participate in our Clorox community. Learn more about our I&D program & initiatives here.
Benefits we offer to help you be well and thrive:
Generous 401(k) program in the US and similar programs in international
Health benefits and programs that support both your physical and mental well-being
Flexible work environment, depending on your role
Meaningful opportunities to keep learning and growing
Half-day Fridays, depending on your location
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiter via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.
To all recruitment agencies: Clorox (and its brand families) does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Clorox employees, including any members of our leadership team. Clorox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.