Software Engineer II
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is responsible for developing and delivering complex requirements to accomplish business goals. Key responsibilities of the role include ensuring that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional and compliance requirements. This role codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces. This role is familiar with development and testing practices in the industry.
• Codes solutions and unit test to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements
• Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements
• Performs Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI-CD) activities
• Contributes to story refinement and definition of requirements
• Participates in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle
• Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance), analyze test reports, identify any test issues/errors, and triage the underlying cause
• Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas
This position may also have responsibilities for managing associates. At Bank of America, all managers at this level demonstrate the following responsibilities, in addition to those specific to the role, listed above.
• Diversity & Inclusion: Model an inclusive environment for employees and clients, aligned to company D&I goals.
• Manager of Process & Data: Demonstrate deep process knowledge, operational excellence and innovation through a focus on simplicity, data-based decision making and continuous improvement.
• Enterprise Advocate: Communicate enterprise decisions, purpose and results, and connect to team strategy, priorities and contributions.
• Risk Manager: Ensure proper risk discipline, controls and culture are in place to identify, escalate and debate issues.
• People Manager & Coach: Provide inspection, coaching and feedback to motivate, differentiate and improve performance.
• Financial Steward: Actively manage expenses and budgets in alignment with objectives, making sound financial decisions.
• Enterprise Talent Leader: Assess talent and build bench strength for roles across the organization.
• Driver of Business Outcomes: Deliver results by effectively prioritizing, inspecting and appropriately delegating team work.
• Source Control
• Modularization and API
• Time Management
• Analytical Thinking
• Active Listening
• Change Agility
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40