Regulatory Relations Executive
Bank of America
The Regulatory Relations Executive is responsible for developing, maintaining, and leading strong relationships and interactions with regulators. This includes providing leadership and strategic direction during regulator examinations, inquiries, and meetings.
- Developing and implementing the overall strategy for regulatory engagement, ensuring transparency and consistency of communications, providing oversight and guidance on the quality of regulatory responses, and ensuring adherence to enterprise-wide requirements.
- Developing and managing strong relationships across Global Regulatory Relations (GRR) and Front-Line Unit / Control Function (FLU/CF) management, providing leadership and guidance on exams, inquiries, and other regulatory matters.
- Serving as primary point of contact and escalation between the regulators and the FLU/CF during supervision engagement activities including exams, meetings, and ad-hoc inquiries.
- Managing and directing all aspects of regulatory exams to ensure consistent exam practices, successful execution, and reduction of risk exposure for the company. This includes being responsive to regulatory inquiries, effectively managing ongoing supervision meetings; aiding with preparation of regulatory responses; as well as regulatory activity tracking, reporting and escalation.
- Developing standards, processes, tools, and training for GRR team (exams, routines, and inquiries).
- Continuously assessing and enhancing the GRR coverage model and processes, improving the quality and execution of exams, improving the quality of our regulatory experiences, and identifying new tools and approaches to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Identifying, assessing, and communicating emerging regulatory issues, themes and trends based on various information gathering methodologies, sources and through overseeing regulatory engagements and exam activities.
- Engaging with various industry and advocacy groups focused on regulatory events, policies, etc.
- Providing leadership direction, attracting, assessing, developing, motivating broader work team, as well as ensuring a positive team culture.
- 10+ years of experience in risk management, enterprise-wide role, managing regulator activities or a combination of each.
- Deep knowledge of the company’s businesses and products.
- Proven executive presence.
- Ability to cultivate a positive team culture and ensure broader collaboration across the enterprise.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and cultivate relationships both externally and internally.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to simplify and summarize complex topics.
- Proven presentation skills: ability to present key messages, recommendations and information in a clear, concise, and insightful way and synthesize information key to relevant points.
- Ability to influence effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to analyze and present regulatory data and information.
- Strategic thinker comfortable with the senior management level.
- Ability to think “outside of the box” and demonstrate an enterprise mindset.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40