Front Desk Receptionist
jacksonville, nc, usa
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
Location: Coastal Carolina Internal Medicine, PA
Position: Front Desk Receptionist
The medical office receptionist provides assistance to patients, doctors, office employees, and other individuals. This employee helps the clinic run smoothly by scheduling appointments, greeting and checking in patients, answering phones, maintaining accounts and records, and other tasks as needed. From the moment the patient walks through our door or calls, they should feel like part of the family. Whether in person or over the phone, you are typically the first face or voice our patients will see or hear. Your role in this process cannot be overstated!
Coastal Carolina Internal Medicine, PA has been providing quality medical care to patients in the Jacksonville area since 2002, and has rapidly expanded in both scope and scale since this time. Our purpose is to provide our patients and their families with the utmost in high-quality, comprehensive and compassionate medical healthcare.
We offer competitive benefits including robust health, dental and vision insurance, free uniform, 401K with match, paid holiday time and paid time off after completion of probationary period, bonuses and much more! We are a team that celebrates diversity and mutual respect. We strive to provide quality care to our patients in the community we serve. We believe family and work-life balance is important for everyone. We also enjoy sharing our experiences and life events among each each other. We celebrate birthdays, potluck lunches, catered meetings, outings to name a few. We encourage continuous learning by providing opportunities for growth and development such as reimbursed certification fees, continuing education courses as well as mentorship and collaboration. Additional perks in our office includes a safe, clean and welcoming atmosphere, friendly and supportive team members, Keurig machine, weekly catered lunches and a variety of snacks, gender neutral restroom, employee health including annual flu clinic, birthday celebrations, casual jeans day on Fridays, use of wellness spa and quarterly outdoor picnics.
Your job duties and responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere by greeting visitors and patients to the clinic
- Checks in and checks out patients in a timely, friendly manner
- Outstanding professional phone management skills: manages a multiline telephone system efficiently and politely, minimizing hold time
- Comforts patients by answering any questions they may have
- Expedites patient processing by having them fill out forms
- Obtains patient identification and insurance information
- Maintains patient accounts by collecting payment, verifying insurance information and coordinating with relevant organizations for payment and referral requirements
- Keeps doctor, nurses, medical assistants, and any other related staff abreast of scheduling, patient details, and potential service delays
- Helps maintain office inventory; may place orders for office supplies and schedule service for office equipment repairs
- Protects patients’ right of confidentiality; mandatory familiarity with HIPAA
- Coordinates transportation for patients as needed
- Schedules testing and procedures for patients as necessary
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Any professional degree preferred. Graduate certification considered. Substantial (2+ years) medical office receptionist experience may be considered in lieu of any professional degree.
- At least 1 full year of direct experience as a medical office receptionist in a fast-paced clinic, hospital, or similar healthcare setting.
- Must be able to multitask effectively; critical time management skills necessary
- Understanding of basic healthcare terminology
- Demonstrated ability to interact with healthcare professionals, patients, and insurance companies alike
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pleasant phone demeanor; bilingual speaker preferred
- Computer skills required; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite a plus, and must type 30+wpm
- CPR certified
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.