Certified Medical Assistant
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
Location: Medics Primary and Urgent Care PC
Position: Certified Medical Assistant
- Preparing laboratory samples for testing.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.