Cary, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Location: JCMC- Cary Wellness
Position: Medical Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8-5, no weekends, Closed on all major holidays
AMM Healthcare, PA is hiring Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) for our Cary clinics. The CMAs provides patient care under the direction of a physician by performing specific services in caring for the personal needs and comforts of the patient. The Certified Medical Assistant understands the needs of the practice and supports the mission and values.
- Assist in coordinating and conducting patient care from pre-visit through post visit.
- Update and maintain current patient data fields in NextGen EHR with essential information which may include, chosen primary care provider, preferred language, contact information, medical history, medication, etc.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Thoroughly communicate and explaining treatment procedures to patients using effective and appropriate communication skills received from training.
- Assisting the physician during the examination and procedures, handing instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures; Change sterile and non-sterile dressings.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens; perform laboratory tests on premises
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record.
- Provide patient with recommended web-based resources.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician; conduct a medical reconciliation of comparing medications that patient is currently taking with medications that is about to be provided to avoid harmful interactions.
- Ensure that appropriate and proper documentation of medical visit is adequately and precisely entered to patient EHR.
- Provide patient with information concerning availability of care during after-hours as needed.
- Telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy; authorize drug refills as directed.
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician.
- High school or GED graduation required.
- Graduation from accredited Certified Medical Assistant program.
- The employee must have the ability to understand, communicate and react effectively to the unique needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Self-motivated, analytical, quick learner, organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker.
- Active listener that is able to analyze, negotiate, and respond appropriately to the message. being communicated.
- Candidates must meet minimum qualifications to be considered for the role.
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- On-the-job training
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.