Certified/ Registered Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA)
Raeford, NC, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2023
Location: Karen L. Smith, MD, PA
Position: Certified/ Registered Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA)
Work Environment: Karen L. Smith, MD, PA is a rural-based, family medical practice located in Raeford, North Carolina. The practice features a fully integrated electronic health record system, Athena Health. The practice features a collaborative agreement with Mako Medical Laboratories for laboratory processing and Greater Vision Counseling to address additional behavioral/ mental health needs.
- Supervising Physician/ Medical Director
- Lead Medical Assistant
- Practice Manager
Paygrade Level/ Salary Range: $15 - $20/ per hour. Rate based on experience.
Work Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM (includes 1-hr lunch break)
Benefit Package Includes: Full benefits offered including medical, dental, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Chronic Care Coordinator/ Manager
- Monitor and coordinate care based on recommended program quality measures and reporting (including Annual Wellness Exams (AWVs), Transitional Care Management (TCMs), Chronic Care Management (CCMs), and Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS))
- Welcome patients by greeting them in person or on the telephone
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit
- Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examination room
- Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight, and temperature; report patient history summary
- Perform blood draws and testing
- Administer immunizations, vaccines, and therapeutic injections
- Educate patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions, answering questions
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Keep supplies ready by actively monitoring and logging inventory, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Complete records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Actively participate in programs, initiatives, trainings being introduced into the practice
- Secure and update appropriate licensure required to legally function in current role
Skills & Competency:
- Immunization/ Vaccine Administration
- Therapeutic Injections - Professionalism
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management/ Control
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Clinical Skills
- Health Promotion and Maintenance - Procedural Skills
- Documentation Skills
- Supply Management
- Customer/ Patient Focus
- Good sense of urgency when completing patient request
- Positive Bedside Manner
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Formal program that offers training in medical assisting. Such programs are offered in vocational-technical high schools, postsecondary vocational schools, and community and junior colleges.
- Successful completion of national examination and receipt of certification/ licensure (Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant).
- Ability to interpret physician instructions and coordinate care between provider and patient.
- A minimum of 6 months of post-training clinical experience.
- COVID-19 and Influenza vaccines must be up to date, no exceptions.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.