Office Manager/ Clinical
Yadkinville, NC, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
Location: James McGarth Family Medicine
Position: Office Manager/ Clinical - Full Time
James McGrath, MD, PLLC is seeking a full-time certified/registered medical assistant to join our team.
Work Environment: We are a small, single provider Family Medicine practice. Our team counts 4 people. We work together very tightly and know our patients very well. Medical terminology, as well as good verbal and writing/typing skills, are a necessity for this position. It is a full-time position. Wages are hourly, within local rate-range for RMA/CMA, to be discussed and determined during interview, per experience and skills.
- Patient care
- EHR skills required. We use Athenahealth EHR and will train you on its workflows if you are used to a different EHR.
- Greeting patients and ushering them to exam room
- Taking vitals and documenting levels in EHR
- Scribing visit notes during patient encounters with the provider
- Gathering and documenting patient medical information in chart (vitals, current medications, reason for visit)
- Venipuncture skills
- Administer injections per protocol.
- Refill prescriptions PRN
- Perform needed Point of Care testing.
- Perform Annual Wellness visit and related screenings.
- Assist with administrative duties when needed (scheduling appointments, communicating with patients on the phone, maintaining medical records)
- Liaison between patients & physician
- Sets up, cleans, restocks, and prepares examination rooms. Prepares equipment, autoclave, sterilizer, and maintain treatment areas.
- Collects and processes specimens for diagnostic testing according to policy.
- Performs screening tests such as EKGs, hearing tests, vision tests and pulmonary testing (peak flow and pulse oximetry).
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral medications and vaccines as directed by the physician. May call or e-prescribe prescriptions as directed. Maintains medication and immunization records.
- Complies with Medical Center Infection Prevention policies to manage infectious materials using aseptic techniques, sanitization, chemical disinfection, surgical asepsis, and correct handling of biohazardous materials.
- Documents all patient care delivered in the medical record according to medical center policy.
- Performs other related duties incidental to work described herein.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of accredited medical assistant program certification
- CPR Certification
- Well spoken, friendly, outgoing
- Good writing and typing skills.
- At least 2+ years of experience as CMA/RMA in healthcare setting preferred.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.