Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Location: Evergreen Health Promotion
Position: Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
Evergreen Health Promotion in Winston Salem, NC is seeking a full-time certified/registered medical assistant to join our team.
Work Environment: We are a small, single provider Internal Medicine practice. Our team counts 5 people. We work together very tightly and know our patients very well. Our clinicians must scribe visit notes during patient encounters, therefore, medical terminology as well as good verbal and writing/typing skills are a necessity for this position. It is a full-time position. Wages are hourly, within local rate-range for RMA/CMA, to be discussed and determined during interview, per experience and skills.
- Patient care
- EHR skills required. We use Athenahealth EHR and will train you on its workflows if you are used to a different EHR.
- Greeting patients and ushering them to exam room
- Taking vitals and documenting levels in EHR
- Scribing visit notes during patient encounters with the provider
- Gathering and documenting patient medical information in chart (vitals, current medications, reason for visit)
- Venipuncture skills
- Administer injections per protocol.
- Refill prescriptions PRN
- Perform needed Point of Care testing.
- Perform Annual Wellness visit and related screenings.
- Assist with administrative duties when needed (scheduling appointments, communicating with patients on the phone, maintaining medical records)
- Liaison between patients & physician
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of accredited medical assistant program certification
- CPR Certification
- Well spoken, friendly, outgoing
- Good writing and typing skills.
- At least 2+ years of experience as CMA/RMA in healthcare setting required.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.