Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Location: KidzCare Pediatrics- Fuquay Varina, NC
Position: Medical Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
We are searching for a reliable Medical Assistant to perform various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. Our Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare practice staff to collect specimens and perform CLIA waived tests, administer vaccinations, use of NCIR, obtain vital signs, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations. Our Medical Assistant will also be able to perform administrative duties, as well such as answering phones, exclusive use of EMR, validating insurances, collecting and posting payments, scheduling/canceling/rescheduling appointments.
- Update and maintain all digital client records and assist in transitioning hard copy records to digital format
- Entering information into our EMR system including demographics, patient contacts and insurances
- Proper detailed documentation
- Validating insurances on day of appointments
- Scheduling/Rescheduling/Canceling appointments
- Collecting and posting payments/co-payments
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight, and changes in medical history
- Ensure all immunizations are in both NCIR and patients EMR chart
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments
- Assist in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed
- Knowledge of pediatric/adolescent vaccines (preferred but not required)
Work Experience / Skills / Education:
- Associate degree or diploma in medical assisting
- 1+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice (preferred but not required)
- High level of professionalism
- Strong customer service and computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable, multitasking individual willing to be part of a team
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Reliable transportation
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 8 hour shift (8:30-5:00)
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday-NO WEEKENDS
Travel will be required for training and cross coverage if needed.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?